Skip to main content

Spotlight: Kristi Mortensen

 


Name: Kristi

Nickname: Lady Orange or Grandma Orange

Favorite Scripture: Nephi 1:1, 3

Because of this, this leads me to firmly believe in the Book of Mormon and the value of writing in journals to solidify my testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Favorite Church leaders: David O. McKay and Elder Robert D. Hales

I met both and I had heart-to-heart conversations with both.

What I enjoy/hobbies: water pool activities; biking; wild and domesticated animals; traveling; my grandkids; cross-stitching; flower gardening; journaling; writing family history (the books are now a work in progress)

Where I grew up: Salt Lake City, Utah 

Lived on the East Coast several times during my formative years and college years

Favorite things to do: 
  • compiling family history and stories
  • writing any stories
  • writing poetry (currently talking about cemeteries)
  • photos into books (published four so far)
What is an accomplishment for me?
  • Being Grandma Orange
  • Finished 15 rooms plus hallways painted - each room has its own unique personality of colors (in the total of 3 1/2 months - on my own; the only one specific wall, I had one special helper and that's that)
  • completed Welby Hills Store (storage)
  • created a room where I store all old photos from my parents' sides and Ronnie's parents' sides into categorized years (becoming an expert in putting stories together)
  • being called as Humanitarian Service Project Coordinator under the direction of the 2nd Ward Relief Society presidency
  • AND but NOT least - being married to Ronnie for 36 years on September 10, 1984 in the Salt Lake Temple. Thank you, Brother Ed and Sister Alice Bell
1-2 things people don't know about me
  1. Papa and I met President John F. Kennedy during his motorcade in Salt Lake City. President Kennedy had the car stopped and got out to talk with me in simple sign language (with help from Papa). He said, "You're a bright young lady - pursue education for as long as you live!"
  2. I had an intellectual discussion with then Elder Henry B. Eyring (he had just arrived home from his mission) with his deaf aunt, Mary Eyring, the sister of Camilla Eyring Kimball, when I was a kid, and have often met with President Kimball while I was visiting with Sister Mary Eyring. Because of this special experience, my testimony of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Prophet Joseph Smith has solidified.



Comments