Skip to main content

Spotlight: Merilee Swain



Name:
Merilee Swain

Nickname:
none

Favorite scripture:
It’s impossible to choose just one because there are so many great scriptures.   I love the story of the 2000 stripling warriors and specifically the reference to their mothers in Alma 56:47-48 which says "Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.  And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.” I hope through  my teaching and my example, my children know that I know that God lives and He loves us; that Jesus Christ is our Savior and His Atonement made it possible for us to live with Him again; that the gospel was restored in its fullness through the Prophet Joseph Smith; that we have a living prophet today in Russell M. Nelson and that through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel, we can be an eternal family.

Favorite Church leader:
Elder Holland!  
I love how he can weave popular culture references into his messages while addressing the problems/challenges,
and do so with a bit of humor but still getting his message across.

What I enjoy/Hobbies:
reading, cooking, sewing, crafts, Harry Potter, gardening, photography, sunrises and sunsets, nature

Where I grew up:
Born and raised in Utah. I’ve lived in Salt Lake City, Provo, Hyrum, and Logan.
Most of my growing up years were in Cache Valley.  Go Big Blue!

Favorite things to do:
Read!

What is an accomplishment for me:
I planted my first garden (in many years) this year--so far, so good. :)


Comments